1. WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
Cassin & Sons (Aust) Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (subject to any exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
● phone number
● fax number
● information about the goods or services you have ordered
● information from enquiries you have made
● communications between us
● Contact details are collected as supplied by you from time to time. We do not personally store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
● Click trails record the paths taken by visitors through the website. This information is generally recorded against IP address, and may be possible to correlate by computer.
● Activity History consists of orders, enquiries, votes submitted via the website, or offline contact you have with us such as phone calls.
● Publishable content consists of comments or other submissions of content you would like us to publish on our website.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; and when we provide our services to you.
Contact details and publishable content are collected when supplied by you either via the website or direct to us by other means.
Click trails are recorded by our servers as each request reaches the website. This includes but is not limited to:
● The type of browser you are using
● The date and time of your visit
● Your IP address
● The address of the website that referred you to ours
● The addresses of pages accessed and any documents downloaded
Click trails can be correlated over time by the use of ‘cookies’ as outlined in section 6. In most cases click trail data is not directly individually identifiable.
Activity history is recorded whenever you undertake an activity such as submit an enquiry, make a comment, vote on an object, and may additionally be recorded by us when you contact us offline.
We use your information to provide our service to you. We also use it to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to our business partners who assist us in the provision of our services to you.
Publishable content is collected and republished where applicable in order to enable a two-way conversation in public between us and our visitors.
We collect your personal contact details and activity history:
● To respond to requests or queries you raise
● To confirm your identity
● To fulfil orders made by you
● To keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information you have opted-in to receive.
We collect click trail data:
● To measure and monitor the performance of our website
● To estimate interest in our products and services
● To refine and update our website’s content
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties, under the following
● As part of a sale of all or part of our business
● When explicitly authorised to do so by yourself at the time you supply the information
● As required or authorised by any applicable law
● As required for processing of credit card payments by Internet Payment Gateways and Merchant Facilities.
● As part of any investigation by us into you or your activity on our website (including to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator)
● To lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
When you visit ourwebsite
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
experience of people using our website.
Third party sites
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites.
7. PUBLISHABLE CONTENT
Whenyou submit content to us for publication (including but not limited to
comments, testimonials, votes, or forum posts) you assign us a transferrable,
perpetual right to publish and/or commercially exploit said content without
limitation. You also warrant in submitting such content that the content is
owned or produced by yourself or you otherwise have permission to assign
Content submitted by you for publication may be disclosed to all visitors of our website, and/or republished on other websites at our discretion.
If you provide personal information either of your own or of any third party as
part of publishable content, you warrant that you have permission to publish said information and indemnify us against any consequences resulting from the publication of said information.
If you find your personal information published on our website without your consent, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 10.
Cookies are electronic tokens containing small amounts of information that are passed between a web browser and server. They are used to maintain session state between pages or to retain information between visits if you return to the website at a later time.
9. OPTING IN AND OUT
You may opt out from the correlation of passive activity data by turning off
cookies in your browser. Please note however that disabling cookies may result in a reduction of available functionality on our site including but not limited to the loss of the ability to post comments and vote on content.
When you supply us with your email address you may be asked to opt in to receive marketing information by e-mail or other means.
You will be given the opportunity to opt out from receiving further communications from us in accordance with this policy each time we send you information for which you have opted in. This comes in the form of an ‘unsubscribe’ link, generally in the footer and/or header of each email.
If you receive any communication purporting to be connected with us or our
products or services that you believe has been sent to you other than in
accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us
immediately as outlined in section 10.
10. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT AND
With the exclusion of information supplied for publication (as outlined in section 5), we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is not lost, misused, or inadvertently provided to unauthorised third parties, including by means of firewalls, password locking, truncation of credit card data, encryption of data in transit, and secured servers.
You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not wholly within our control.
You must ensure the security and confidentiality of any username and/or password used by yourself to access this website. You agree that you will be held responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password (including but not limited to publication of illegal or defamatory material or any other unlawful activity, or unauthorised charging of your credit card).
You agree that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party and that the collection and use of your information by third
parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal
information, please contact us immediately.
You can access and update your personal information (excluding exceptions outlined in the Privacy Act) by contacting us by mail at: Unit 7, 6 Anella Avenue, Castle Hill NSW 2154. We may charge a reasonable administration fee for this access.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free
to send in details of your complaints to Unit 7, 6 Anella Avenue, Castle Hill NSW 2154. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.